Ten titles deserved the Reader’s Award that the Cuban Book Institute convenes. Awarded this time to the volumes with the highest commercial circulation between January 2016 and 2017, the award distinguished those whose sales exceeded 70% of its circulation.
They are available to the reading public in the Great Bookstore of the San Carlos de la Cabaña Fortress, home of the 26th International Book Fair until February 19th. And then at book fairs of the 15 provincial capitals across the country until the end of April.
Grand Prize: Raúl Castro. A man in Revolution , by Nikolai S. Leonov. Editorial Captain San Luis.
“Because it is the book that according to its roll reached numerically the most significant sales in less time and to constitute a work that reveals the life, delivery and rich personality of one of the leaders of the Cuban Revolution, seen through a friendship Of more than half a century cemented during a trip to Mexico with the author of the book “.
- 1984, by George Orwell. Editorial Art and Literature.
- The snuff stone, by Daniel Chavarría. Editorial José Martí.
- What lies across the sea. The true story of the Cuban Five, by Stephen Kimber. Editorial New Millennium.
- Make and undo the love, selection of Alex Fleites. Editions Union.
- The girl and the elephant, by Frei Betto. Editorial New People.
- The bells of Juana la loca, by Marta Rojas. Editorial Oriente.
- The horse of the word. Proverbs and African enigmas, by Rogelio Martínez Furé. Editorial Art and Literature.
- Echu-Elegguá: Dynamic balance of existence, by Adrián de Souza. Editions Union.
- The Sleeping Beauty in Central Park, by Grettel Jiménez Singer. Editorial New People.
Author: | Internet@granma.cu
February 12, 2017 18:02:26